As with any non-profit organization, we rely on volunteers. An annual volunteer fee of $125.00 is charged to every family/athlete involved in our programs with the exception of Track Rascals. In order to receive a refund of this fee, each family/individual must complete a minimum of 12 volunteer hours. These hours are in addition to the mandatory hours required for the annual manure sale. Hours logged as an official also do not count towards your volunteer hours.
Opportunities for volunteering are available at our track meets, but are also needed at other times throughout the year. Committing to an ongoing volunteer positions is also an option. We appreciate the support!
- Kamloops Start-up – Jan
- Gary Reed Indoor Meet – Feb
- Van Ryswyk Indoor Invitational/BC Masters Indoor Championship – Mar
- Battle of the Border – April
- Armstrong Classic – May
- North and West Zones High School Meet – May
- Okanagan Zone High School Meet – May
- BC Championship Jamboree – July
- Other activities where help is required
Mandatory (does not count towards hours)
- Annual Manure Sale – March
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – This position involves creating a schedule of tasks and assigning parent volunteers for our track meets and fundraisers. It’s a great way to get to know everyone, fulfill volunteer hours, and get a front row seat to the action!
- EQUIPMENT MANGAGER – This would entail managing the set up and take down of all equipment for competitions. No special skills are required – just a happy face! Specific jobs would be assigned through the Volunteer Coordinator, but we need someone to take on a leadership role.
PHOTO FINISH ASSISTANT – We are looking for someone to take over setting up and taking down the photo finish equipment at our meets that occur approximately 6 times per year. The individual would also be trained to learn the Hy-Tek photo finish system.
Please contact Caitlin Reed at email@example.com in you are interested in any of these positions.