As with any non-profit organization, we rely on volunteers. An annual volunteer fee of $125.00 is charged to every family/athlete involved in our programs with the exception of Track Rascals. In order to receive a refund of this fee, each family/individual must complete a minimum of 12 volunteer hours. These hours are in addition to the mandatory hours required for the annual manure sale. Hours logged as an official also do not count towards your volunteer hours.
Opportunities for volunteering are available at our track meets, but are also needed at other times throughout the year. Committing to an ongoing volunteer positions is also an option. We appreciate the support!
- Kamloops Start-up – Jan
- Gary Reed Indoor Meet – Feb
- Van Ryswyk Indoor Invitational/BC Masters Indoor Championship – Mar
- Battle of the Border – April
- Armstrong Classic – May
- North and West Zones High School Meet – May
- Okanagan Zone High School Meet – May
- BC Championship Jamboree – July
- Other activities where help is required
Mandatory (does not count towards hours)
- Annual Manure Sale – March
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- URGENT – PHOTO FINISH/Hy-Tek IT ASSISTANT(S) – We are looking for a few people to assist Brian Beck and Diane Weddell with the photo finish and Hy-Tek software system. At times, we run into technical issues with the cameras. We also need the general assistance for set up and take down of the equipment. Additionally, we are seeking to train a few more individuals to be able to run the technical aspects of a track meet in the event that Brian and Diane are unavailable. Ideally, this person would have IT skills, however, we are willing to train and the Club will pay for training sessions. In order to continue offering meets for our athletes, and to prepare for next year, we require this additional support.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – This position involves working alongside our officials’ coordinator, Greg Nicol to create a schedule of tasks and assign parent volunteers for our track meets. Additionally, you will work with Judy Armstrong who organizes the manure sale fundraiser, large-scale competitions, and the smaller fundraisers or club activities. It’s a great way to get to know everyone, fulfill volunteer hours, and get a front row seat to the action!
- EQUIPMENT MANGAGER – We are searching for someone who enjoys fixing and maintaining equipment – a go to person. We need to be “competition ready” when its necessary and not find surprises with equipment. This may require you to either fix or have someone fix equipment. This does not involve a lot of volunteer hours, but it requires someone to be familiar with what equipment we do have and how to keep it in working order.
- TRACK RASCAL VOLUNTEER PARENT – We are looking for a parent who would be interested in helping the club during the Track Rascals program. We are needing a parent to be on site in the event that a child has to use the washroom, needs attention etc. so that time is not taken away from the coaches and their duties.
Please contact Caitlin Reed at email@example.com in you are interested in any of these positions.