As with any organization, we are always in need of volunteers. This becomes very important at hosted track meet times but is also necessary at other times during the year. If you are interested in volunteering with our club, please contact Judy armstrong or fill out our application.
- URGENT – PHOTO FINISH/Hy-Tek IT ASSISTANT(S) – We are looking for a few people to assist Brian Beck and Diane Weddell with the photo finish and Hy-Tek software system. At times, we run into technical issues with the cameras. We also need the general assistance for set up and take down of the equipment. Additionally, we are seeking to train a few more individuals to be able to run the technical aspects of a track meet in the event that Brian and Diane are unavailable. Ideally, this person would have IT skills, however, we are willing to train and the Club will pay for training sessions. In order to continue offering meets for our athletes, and to prepare for next year, we require this additional support.
- EQUIPMENT MANGAGER – We are searching for someone who enjoys fixing and maintaining equipment – a go to person. We need to be “competition ready” when its necessary and not find surprises with equipment. This may require you to either fix or have someone fix equipment. This does not involve a lot of volunteer hours, but it requires someone to be familiar with what equipment we do have and how to keep it in working order.
- TRACK RASCAL VOLUNTEER PARENT – We are looking for a parent who would be interested in helping the club during the Track Rascals program. We are needing a parent to be on site in the event that a child has to use the washroom, needs attention etc. so that time is not taken away from the coaches and their duties.
- Please contact Judy Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org in you are interested in any of these positions.
If you are a member of a team that is looking for a fundraising opportunity, please reach out to the KTFC President at email@example.com to inquire about the availability of honorariums for group volunteer efforts.
Volunteering For Members
As with any non-profit organization, we rely on volunteers. An annual volunteer fee of $250.00 is charged per athlete OR per family (if applicable) over the age of 8. In order to receive a refund of this fee, athletes OR families must:
- Participate in the annual KTFC Manure Sale by handing out flyers and working manure delivery/pickup;
- Complete at least 20 hours of volunteer work at club-hosted Track Meets; and
- Keep track of your volunteer hours and submit a completed volunteer card here to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleas
e make sure to click “file”, “make a copy”, and save your own copy of the tracking sheet so that your personal information isn’t saved to the template. A cheque will be mailed to your home address upon approval.
** Please note any and all hours logged as an official. Currently, hours logged as an official do not count toward your hours of volunteer work; however, we are considering changing that stipulation and would like a sense of the number of hours volunteered by parents/athletes as officials.
If you are unable to complete any or all of the above volunteer requirements, but would like to volunteer time in order to receive the volunteer refund, please email email@example.com with the details of your circumstances, including: the volunteer requirements you are unable to meet, the reason why you are unable to meet those requirements, and any other information you think may be helpful to us. We will assess your circumstances and try to find an alternate way for you to meet your volunteer requirements.