2023 Kamloops Track and Field Club Pole Vault Clinic
Kamloops Track & Field Club is hosting a Pole Vault clinic on Friday, April 21st, and Saturday, April 22nd, 2023.
The purpose of such a camp is to allow athletes and coaches to mingle and network with those of similar interests – and hopefully learn something new in the process.
We would like to offer this clinic primarily to beginners; however, we would also open up registration to those more experienced vaulters should they wish to attend.
This clinic would be open to both coaches and athletes and it would be nice at some point to have a session where pole vault coaches (and athletes) can network and share ideas as well.
Our club can access two pole vault jumping pits (one indoors and one outdoors). We also have access to four outdoor horizontal sand jumping pits and one indoor sand jumping pit. We could also possibly gain access to an indoor gymnastics gym and/or an indoor pool session if required. Of course, we would also be able to gain access to the track surface itself (both indoors and outdoors).
The Kamloops Tournament Capital Centre would be a great venue to play host to such an event.
• The clinic/camp would start Friday afternoon with both a practical and theory session followed by dinner. The Saturday session would also include practical and theory sessions in the morning followed by lunch. It would conclude Saturday afternoon with practical pole vault sessions.
• The clinic times would be Friday – 5:00 pm. – 9:00 pm.; Saturday – 9:00 am. – 3:15 pm.
• Tentative main theory sessions: a) Pole Vault Safety – including pole selection choices; b) Pole Vault Phases – including technical considerations; and c) Pole Vault Coaching Cues – sharing session.
• Costs will be just $45 per entry (for coach or athlete) – this includes both a dinner and lunch meal!
• Practical sessions could include…. approach-run rhythmic work; sand pit drills; deep and shallow pool water sessions (swimsuit, nose plugs, and swim goggles would be required); gymnastic movements; pole vault jumping; and other related pole vault work.
• If you don’t have a pole, one will be provided for you – but if you have access to one, please bring it (if you are borrowing one of our poles, you’ll likely be sharing a pole and that pole may not be the best for your size, but we’ll try to make it work for you).
Registration online at Trackie – http://www.trackiereg.com/2023polevaultclinic
Competitive Members of BC Athletics must enter their BCA number. Other participants will be charged the ‘day of event’ fee of $3.00.
Subscribe For News & Updates
Sign up for our Newsletter to get updates right to your inbox.